Top 10 Most Common Roofing Questions Answered
We don’t expect you to have all the answers. That’s our job! We understand that repairing an old roof or installing a new one is a major decision, and we are here to guide you through that process from start to finish. Our dedicated team of experts is committed to taking the time to answer all of your questions and helping you choose the right roof for your home or business. Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here, reach out to us!
1. How often should I have my roof inspected? We recommend that you do an annual inspection on your roof to check for any signs of wear or damage and to have it professionally inspected at the 12-year mark or sooner if you see any signs of damage or concern. Call our pros today to schedule a free consultation.
2. What signs indicate my roof needs repairs or replacement? If you hear or see any concerning drips or upper-level ceiling leaks after a rainstorm, call us right away for an inspection. Our team is dedicated to our customers, and we offer 24/7 emergency services. Other signs your roof may need some attention include seeing roofing material debris in your gutters, damage to your roofing flashing, shingles, and/or tiles that are pealing, curling, discolored or missing.
3. How long does a typical roof last? The type of material your roof is made of and the weather in your specific area play a huge role in how long your roof will last, ranging anywhere between 10 and 70+ years! At Sorenson Roofing & Restoration, our certified roofing experts offer in-depth inspections. We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity and are here to guide you through the decision-making process of roof repair and replacements.
4. What are the best roofing materials, and which should I choose? We know that every customer, home, and business is unique and that many factors come into play when choosing the right roofing material. What is best for one customer may differ from what is best for you. Our team of experts is here to guide you through the decision-making process. We use only the highest quality materials in the business and have various cost options to fit any budget.
5. How much does a new roof cost, and what affects the price? The cost of a new roof varies greatly depending on the size and materials used. Chimneys, skylights, old roof removal, and other considerations all factor into the cost of a new roof. Here at Sorenson Roofing & Restoration, we have extensive experience working with our customers who are working out insurance claims and offer payment options to those who qualify.
6. How do I find a good roofing contractor, and what should I look for? Look no further! Sorenson Roofing & Restoration has got you covered. All of our staff are highly trained, certified, licensed, bonded, and insured. We provide only the best in customer service, quality roofing materials, and worker expertise because that is what you deserve! We know that the roof over your head is important to you, and when you are our customer, it is just as important to us!
7. Can I install a new roof on top of the old one, or does it need to be completely removed first? In some cases, it is possible to install a new roof over the original existing one. Call us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our certified experts.
8. How can I maintain my roof to prevent wear and damage? It’s important that you keep your gutters clean and free of debris, as well as trim back any trees or branches that may be touching your roof. In addition, remove any snow to prevent leaks (and keep ice dams from forming) and call us for an inspection at least every two years or after any major storms!
9. Can a leaky roof be repaired, or do I need a complete replacement? Repairs are possible in some circumstances, but every situation differs, and it’s important to get a professional inspection done to mitigate any future problems. Sorenson Roofing & Restoration is a family owned business, and safety is our number one priority. We wouldn’t put your family under any roof we wouldn’t put our own. We also understand that cost plays a huge factor in your decision-making process and we’re here to guide you through making the best decisions to ensure the safety of your family and the integrity of your structure.
10. What is the process for filing an insurance claim for roof damage? Every insurance company is different and what is covered under your plan also differs. We would love to chat with you about filing an insurance claim for your roofing needs and have knowledge and experience working with most insurance companies.
Couldn’t find the answer you were looking for? Give us a call at (***) ***-**** or click to message?